Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A beginning...

If you're a wargamer, and anything like me, then you probably have a lot of projects underway. Burnout, changing interests, and perhaps The Family can derail a project faster than a sarissa in a Persian. And thus the proverbial "lead pile" continues to grow, insuring immortality for thousands of wargamers worldwide (because you can't possibly die before all your lead is painted!).

The purpose of this blog, just like my book blog, is to catalog my minis related projects. However, this isn't a simple review. Instead it will serve as a project log, tracking progress on various projects. It is also my intention to use pictures of my projects to further track progress, and provide a painting record as well.

Most of my interest in wargaming lies with historicals; however, I do have an interest in fantasy/Sci-Fi as well, so that should feature here as well. Specifically, on the SF side, I'm a big fan of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 game and setting. I'm also a huge fan of FASA/Fanpro/Catalyst Games Battletech game and setting. Hopefully I'll be able to feature projects from these game systems. To start things off, I've already mail ordered a bunch of knights and spearmen from both QRF/Feudal Castings, as well as a few from Black Hat (ex-Gladiator). Also I intend to pick up from the FLGS another Chaos Space Marines Bike to finish off a 1500pts World Eaters army, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment